Stripe is an online payment processor that is gaining in stature among both developers and buyers, as an alternative to PayPal. It allows brand owners to keep their checkout process within their own website, rather than direct users off-site to complete the transaction.
This extension allows you to accept payments via Stripe.com, the easiest way to accept credit cards online. The extension can also store customer and card information in your Stripe account, allowing your customers to utilize their stored card information for future purchases in your store.
Why You Use Stripe
- Stripe lets you start accepting payments shortly after setup. It doesn't require a merchant account, so there's no need to fill out an application and wait for approval. Funds go directly into your bank account, making Stripe a time-saving and convenient option for businesses that want to get started right away.
- Using the dashboard, you can manually add customers and enter their credit card information. Just go to the Customers section from the left navigation menu, click on Add a Customer and follow the prompts.
- Accept all the major cards including debit and credit cards
Benefits of Strips
- Accept more credit cards: In addition to the big four Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Stripe also lets you accept other credit cards, like Diners Club and JCB.
- Mobile payments: Boost sales by letting customers shop and complete purchases using your mobile app. Stripe payments are currently supported on iOS and Android devices.
- Go global: Stripe lets you accept payments in more than 100 currencies and automatically calculates conversions for you. It can also process crypto currency Bit coin payments and convert them to U.S. dollars.
- Manage payment options: Save time by automating payments with recurring billing, subscription plans, flexible billing periods and saved credit cards. You can also offer additional perks to customers, such as coupons, free trials and installment payments.
- Mobile app. Track sales and payments, manage customers and monitor activities on the go with Stripe's new iPhone app. It works much like Stripe's Web-based dashboard, but is optimized for the iPhone for anytime, anywhere access.